Home

Enquiries

Opening times

The rooms

Garden and Grounds

 

The main hall
The main hall (from opposite side)

Built in Elizabethan times by George Lynne between 1571 and 1580, on the site of earlier timbered hall of the Knyvetts, with large mullioned windows and wainscotting. This was replaced in the early 18th century by another George Lynn with a Geogian interior of cornice and dado rail with four balancing doorcases.