Home

Enquiries

Opening times

The rooms

Garden and Grounds

The circular turret in the courtyard, dating from approximately 1300 with circa-18th century extension, perhaps the original front of the house.

The courtyard is dominated by the circular Turret which forms part of the medieval house built about 1300. On the north side were the dairy, laundry and beer cellar. The oldest part containing a cruck, a large fireplace beam, and a blocked arch was probably the Brewhouse, possibly kitchen. On the west side a kitchen with rooms above was built in the 19th century.

Image Crown Copyright.